Westerhaven offers a wide range of specialist support services to those affected by cancer and long-term conditions such as COPD and long COVID. We also provide a service to relatives, carers, and friends of anyone who has received a diagnosis and who may need some support as well as anyone bereaved due to cancer.
Our services include:
- A confidential and safe space to talk to our cancer support nurses about the emotional and practical impact of your diagnosis or that of a family member’s diagnosis.
- Specialist information and support to help understand your diagnosis and what support you can access.
- Counselling (including bereavement counselling), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), and neuro-linguistic programming therapy (NLP)
- Check-in-calls and 1:1 support
- Group yoga therapy and gentle exercise classes
- A group work programme, including courses on taking care of yourself, mindfulness, and anxiety management
- Healthy eating advice
- Referrals to specialist welfare benefits and money advice
- Access to complementary therapies, including specialist massage
All our services are free and are available to anyone in South West Edinburgh aged 16 and over and can take place face-to-face, online, or by phone.