Our Tasting Change programme is designed to tackle food insecurity and the health inequalities that prevent people from getting access to good quality, affordable, healthy food. We aim to raise community awareness levels on the importance of good food. We’ll help increase your knowledge on nutrition, improve cooking skills, and promote positive food opportunities for local families and individuals across South West Edinburgh.
Tasting Change does this through the provision of:
- Regular cooking workshops and interactive education sessions, both face-to-face and online
- Healthy eating sessions, both face-to face and online
- Training opportunities, including REHIS qualifications
- A weekly community meal which is run as part of ‘Wester Hailes Eats Together’
- Community events and volunteer opportunities