If you are a qualified therapist and would like to further your experience by working with a varied client group in a holistic setting, we would love to add you to our team!
The Health Agency’s Mental Health Service consists of a combination of paid therapists, volunteer therapists, and trainee therapists on placement.
- traditional face-to-face sessions
- outdoor sessions as part of our ‘Walk & Talk’ service
- remote sessions by video or phone
- a variety of modalities including but not limited to, acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, Gestalt, person-centered counselling, and pluralistic.
To apply for a volunteer position with us please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to Frontdesk@thehealthagency.org.uk
Eligibility for volunteering as a therapist is dependent on you having acquired an appropriate qualification at SCQF Level 10 or higher with a minimum of 100 supervised client hours.
Not yet qualified? No problem!
If you are a trainee therapist studying at a degree/diploma level and have reached the ‘ready to practice’ stage of your course, you can apply for a placement at The Health Agency by contacting Frontdesk@thehealthagency.org.uk
The Mental Health Service regularly accepts trainees on placement from the following academic institutions:
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- The University of Edinburgh
- Abertay University
- Queen Margaret University
- Physis Scotland
- The Centre of Therapy & Counselling Studies
- Persona Development & Training
We are also happy to investigate placing trainees from other academic institutions, please contact Frontdesk@thehealthagency.org.uk to enquire
All therapists have access to our regular peer support and supervision group and all training provided by The Health Agency.