Last Updated: April 18, 2021
The website is intended for users over the age of 13. By using the website and in particular our services, you declare that you are over the age of 13 or you have your parents/guardians’ permission to visit the website. The Health Agency does not permit individuals under 13 to share Personal Data without parental consent. If you are under the age of 13, you should have your parent or guardian agree to these Terms before using the website.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person residing in a country with different laws and regulations. People who choose to access the website from locations outside of the UK, do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with their local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
If you use the website on behalf of someone else these Terms apply to your use. You must comply with these Terms. You must also make the person you are using the website on behalf of aware of your access, use, and any steps you take on their behalf including agreeing to these Terms.
Unless otherwise indicated, The Health Agency owns all the software – source code, functionality, website designs, text, images, and graphics on the website, and logos are also owned by us. They are all protected by copyright laws and other intellectual property rights and international copyright laws. The content of the website is provided for your information and personal use only. No part of the website or its content may be copied, adapted, and used for any purpose, including any commercial purposes whatsoever, without our express prior written permission. No logos, images, trademarks, and design styles, and intellectual property or personal data (which include but are not limited to videos, audio, images with identifiable people in them) may be copied, adapted, or used for any purpose without our explicit consent.
By using the website, you confirm that:
- you are over the age of 16;
- if you are under the age of 16, you have received parental consent to use the website;
- you will not access the website through any automated means (e.g. script, bot);
- you will not use the website for any illegal reason; and
- when using the website you would not violate any laws or rules;
If you provide any that is untrue or inaccurate information, we have the right to refuse current or future services.
You may only use the website for the purposes for which it is available. The website cannot be used in any commercial way without our approval.
You hereby agree not to:
- use the website in any way in which you are disobeying the law or any of the terms in this document.
- use any information, images, or other resources from the website without our explicit permission.
- harm The Health Agency and our website.
- delete copyrights or other proprietary rights marks from any of the content.
- threaten or harass any of our employees.
- attempt to bypass any measures designed to restrict access to the website or any part of it.
- attempt to impersonate another user.
- attempt automated use of the system (e.g. using data gathering and mining tools, using scripts to engage in the website).
- copy and/or adapt the software (e.g. HTML, CSS, PHP, or other code); disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software.
- use the website in an unauthorised way, collecting data from users to send them communication or impersonate them.
- use the website to compete with us or use the content for any commercial purposes.
The Health Agency reserves the right, but not the obligation, to:
- take legal actions against anyone who violates any laws or any of the terms in this document;
- in our sole discretion, disable or delete any of your comments;
- manage the website in a way that will protect our rights and property.
We accept no liability to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages arising from your use of the website.
By submitting any feedback regarding the website, you agree that we can use it for any purpose without compensation to you.
You understand and agree that any comments, ideas, and feedback provided by you are non-confidential and will become our property. We shall own all intellectual property and commercial rights to them. We shall use them without any compensation or acknowledgment to you.
The website may contain links to third-party websites, third-party applications as well as photographs, graphics, pictures, and other content belonging to or originating from third parties. We do not monitor the content of these sources. Any link provided on our website is solely for your convenience. We do not accept any responsibility for any third-party websites, applications, or content posted on or available through the website.
To post comments on the website you must provide a valid email address and any other information requested. Any comment posted on the website shall not be treated as confidential.
We reserve the right to not approve or delete any comments you submit.
If you are under the age of 16 you need parental consent before using the website or submitting any comments on it.
We will maintain certain data provided during the use of the website in order to manage the performance of the website. You are responsible for all data related to any activity you have undertaken during your continuous use of the website. You agree that we shall not have any liability to you for any loss or corruption of such data. You hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any loss or corruption of your data.
You agree to receive emails and other electronic communications from us. You confirm that all notices and other electronic communication that we provide by email or that can be found on our website, satisfy the legal requirement that such communication is in writing. You agree to the use of such electronic communication.
If you have any questions, you want to receive further information regarding the use of the website or want to resolve a complaint regarding the website, please us at email@example.com or by post to:
The Health Agency
The Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre
30 Harvesters Way
Phone: 0131 453 9400